Obtain the startup capital you need to launch your business
WEV’s Business Start-Up Loans help businesses that have not yet started or that started in the last 12 months get access to capital.
These small business start-up loans are a great option when…
- You haven’t yet been able to find enough funding to launch your business
- You have just launched your business and realize that you need additional funds to invest in staffing, inventory, marketing, or other strategic priorities
- You are seeking a supportive and collaborative business funding opportunity
To be eligible for a Business Start-up Loan, applicants must:
- Own and control at least 51% of the business
- Be ready to start a business or have been in business less than one year
- Have resided within Santa Barbara County or Ventura County for at least one year
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, or have an ITIN (Borrowers with an ITIN are eligible for loans up to $10,000)
- Have a business plan, which must contain at minimum a marketing plan and a two-year financial projection
- Not have had a Bankruptcy discharged within the past 3 years
- Not have any outstanding and unresolved tax liens, judgments, or other derogatory reporting (if related to the COVID-19 crisis, exceptions may be made)
- Provide personal financial information and personal guarantees of all owners of 20% or more of the business
Ready to get started with WEV’s Funding Process?
Fill out an interest form to meet with WEV’s Funding Team.
“Nothing compares to seeing the excitement a client has as they show us around their new location, made possible with the funding they received from WEV.”
Stephanie Martinez, WEV Funding Program Assistant